Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Intro

The very first post in a brand new blog. Exciting. All the old stuff has been said before, but this being a public publication, I guess it pays to establish my bona fides.

The name is Preveen. It is derived from a word that, roughly translated from the vernacular, means a noteworthy person. I'll not comment on how accurate my parents were in naming me. :)

I currently work at a large IT firm based outside of Colombo as an application support engineer. What than means is, when other people make mistakes, people call me and yell at me, so I can figure out who is to blame and pass on said shouting to them. Guess its easier than figuring out the correct person to shout at. :)

In addition to all the yelling and getting yelled at, I have a couple of interests to keep me sane (or is that insane?). Photography is my latest hobby, which I might look into developing into a revenue stream in the future. The photography complements several of my other interests. I'm a nature lover, and that is a rich area to explore photography. Also into motorsports, and I've had the opportunity to develop my photography skills shooting pictures in the local motorsports arena. Keen follower of several sports (other than motor related sports) including basketball, cricket and tennis, and play basketball, cricket, badminton, squash and table tennis with various amounts of success and enthusiasm. OK, so I'm not a great sportsman, but a jack of all trades :D I've also been known to dabble in the aquatic sports now and then.

This'll give everyone a nice idea on what to expect on this blog ;) lotsa photos. Lets see what develops!

No comments: